JPlaylister v0.67 | Release Date: 2012.08(?)
JPlayer Audio/Video Playlist Generator
What it does
The JPlayer Playlister is kind of like a front-end for JPlayer. It allows you to implement a JPlayer Playlist more easily. By simply extracting the source to your web-server and copying your files into the 'media' folder from the source code, the songs will be made available on the demo page's JPlayer implementation.
Other features have been added as well: playlist sorting options, subfolder filtering, filetype/folder specification/exclusion, subfolder navigation and filtering, and server-side configurable or URL argument overrides for some customization options.
Source / Download
- Source (10MB - this page with fewer media files)
- Source (2MB - this page with minimal media files)
- Source (70MB - this page with all media files)
- added id3 sort by 'track' method and abilty to force two digit track numbers
- added logic to make assumptions (audio vs video) for ambiguous extensions (.ogg, .mp4)
- added logic to collapse multiple files with the same name (except extension) to one Playlist entry, allowing JPlayer to pick the best file for the current browser
- display embedded album art/name specified folder art as poster if in video or a/v mode (audio assumes no visuals)
- added video and av playlist support
- revised playlister based on JPlayer v2.1
- added configurable variable so that 'from [folder]' text can be easily disabled
- added configurable variable to disable downloads
- tested with two themes
- updated GETID3 class to v1.9.3
- added config variable and URL argument for overriding default autoplay (long overdue)
- added config variable and URL argument to easily disable non essential information (this column)
- refined sorting options
- updated to accomodate JPlayer v2.1 as a drop-in solution
- fixed bugs and refined code
- added advanced filtering capability
- rewrote to make use of JPlayer 2.0
- fixed bugs and refined code
- added recursion play music from infinite(?) subfolders
- added basic sorting options: mtime(file modified time), file name, or random
- revised code to look at target folder and one level of subfolders
This page demonstrates the JPlayer Playlister, by Chapman IT
The original, far more elementary, use of this code can be seen here
. Backstory can be found there, as well. Since then, many features have been added, as detailed in the revision history above. Also, many others have extended the functionality of the code to perform useful tasks such as accept user submissions.
I implemented this player, and coded the Playlister (Playlist Generator)...but couldn't have done it without lots of help:
» Awesome HTML5 (flash fallback) Audio/Video player with playlist capability which is the foundation upon which this project was built; and the bricks comprising the walls, for that matter.
» PHP Class allowing the easy access to ID3 information for various audio files.
_Using the Code_
Basically, though, assuming you are running a web server with PHP installed and configured, you will need to
extract the contents of the JPlayer Playlister (download from links above)
and drop some audio and/or video video files or folders into the
'media' folder. After that, load up the page and you should be all set.
The Playlister uses JPlayer to play songs/videos in target directory
and all subfolders, offering some filtering options to play songs from specific subfolders and sorting options to determine the order.
There are some configuration options at the top of 'index.php' which you can change to your liking. Let me know if you have any trouble. Email me(thenickchapmanATgmail.com) or post a comment at
my blogspot featurette: JPlayer Playlister